samedi 5 novembre 2011

Den Haag

While, if given any choice, I'd leave the city in a second to live in the countryside, I do love The Hague, with its mix of liveliness, modernity and history.




I love the fact that here, you can walk around the government buildings simply to admire them. I love the coloured lights on the lake outside the Binnenhof at night. I challenge myself every time to buy a fresh herring (and never dare it.)





I  enjoyed sitting there, drawing and being left alone except for the occasional bypasser sharing a smile...





.... Or the crazy seagul paparazzi.
This one is two -in- one: included, a "spot the errors" game. The CC guy was able to find the biggest one- will /you/ see it?










From what I could read on their flags, these guys didn't seem to know precisely what they were protesting against. They reminded me of the "Asterix and Cleopatra" movie, where the pyramid workers go on strike shouting: "PAS CONTENTS, PAS CONTENTS!".








I hope you didn't hurt your eyes too much on the tiny sepia scribbling.
Goodnight.

2 commentaires: