dimanche 24 avril 2011

Circassian dancers


That one is dedicated to Sawsan. I hope you'll agree that it's better than my previous attempt!
To make this one, I click-paused a youtube video of dancers until I got a movement that I found nice. And then I changed the costumes a bit.

5 commentaires:

  1. I very much like the colour gradient and shading you've managed to achieve. A very good-looking watercolour.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. First of all great to see a foreigner interested in our vanishing culture..
    Then, if I may:
    " She" is just great mostly with her skintight folklore costume "Adyge Faashe" with sweet silvertheread motifs, and silver chestlocks and the silver Circassian Belt .. But then left arm looks like she is out of a warzone...
    I like the deep violet you chose to use, but pausing a video film? That is why they seems to be paused. Bravo! I can guess her supposed to be transparent lace/chiffon head wear had become opaque material..And since illustrative, a touch of eye on his face would have done him not blind..
    I strongly object to the dagger though!! My-my! Where did our pride Qaame/Qaama/Adyge Dagger went to? :) This is a batone! If the artist likes to give a batone to our hero, she can change the title of the painting.. it is that serious :) Our dagger is a straight-Viking's dagger like but slightly narrower but significantly a pointed end with deep grooves make it a fatal weapon..unless " He" was wearing a very bad imitation made of wood? If you like to try again, I can send pictures to look at them for reference.
    Thank you for allowing for comments.
    Sorry, if too much of it. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hahaha, thank you so much, this is the awesomest comment ever! A colleague at work introduced me to the culture and I was immediately fascinated by the costumes, the dance... The women almost floating above ground, and the men both graceful and manly. In fact one of my main issues was the lack of reference pictures... So if you have some, YES, I'd like them, definitely. I'd love to try again and create something really acceptable. Any pictures or reference material. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Merci beaucoup de un Abkhazien de la Turquie ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. De rien :D Merci pour le commentaire!

    RépondreSupprimer